Saturday 26 October 2013

Enter at your own risk




When I asked her what cake she'd like for her 5th birthday party, her answer was quick, sure: 'Dinosaur'. I admit I tried suggesting other options. I couldn't begin to imagine baking a cake that resembled a Stegosaurus, or any Othersaurus for that matter. But what other options could stand a chance next to earth-stomping, tree-chomping, meat-chewing monsters?

Chotto-ma is a keen follower of all things prehistoric, and a dinosaur party for her fifth birthday was the appropriate rite of passage. So, here we are.

And here's the day in pictures. It was a good, good day.




.....




....






....




 ....



(* The dino illustration on the favor bags is from a lovely blog called Sugar Beet Press. She also has a beautiful Etsy store.)

 ....





14 comments:

  1. Wow! You are so creative! I love the attention to detail...the eggs on the cake, the labels for the food...Muaaah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AD :) It was such a fun project to plan.

      Delete
  2. I am not half as creative as you...so when my 4 year old started asking for a dino cake for his 5th b'day, next year, I was thinking my only option would be to buy one...but your cake has made me rethink..there is nothing that can match the beauty and warmth of a cake baked by your own hands and you have inspired me to try it out...thank you! Also, did bake another cake for the head and neck? And was it a chocolate cake with buttercream frosting? Any tips would be most helpful 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karishma, now I'll be looking forward to seeing a picture of your Dino cake :)
      Yes, I baked two cakes in a 9-inch pan. And the icing - no not buttercream, it was just lightly sweetened cream cheese. So basically, I mixed together mascarpone, sugar and colour.

      Delete
  3. Wow! That is one fantastic party! I bet C had a fabulous time! I do hope the organiserovores weren't too exhausted afterwards! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Emma, the organiserovores were knackered, but all for a good cause! :))

      Delete
  4. super creative! love all the pics, thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nags, it's always a pleasure to share things here. So glad you liked them. It was fun getting this together :)

      Delete
  5. Hi, I just discovered your blog through a friend. You have a lovely blog here and your little daughter sounds delightful.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Roxana! It's lovely to have you here :)

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday to Choto Ma :) Tumi eto creative nah! loved everything about the party decoration, food and the fun ideas! Brilliant. Ebar dekho next year ki request aashe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe - ekhono ek bochor shomoy aache, thankfully :)

      Delete
  7. I want to be at this party! Pia you are one helluva party organizer. Loved every single thing... the cake, the food, those dino feet... Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok then, here's your invite for next year, Swati! Come over.

      Delete

Your comments make this blog worth writing. Thank you.