Sunday 19 February 2012

White



The snow has melted now. These photographs were taken on our Sunday walk last week. When the snow still covered everything like a big white eiderdown.

I can't wear gloves when I take pictures. Nor can I wear them when washing dishes. The nerve-endings on my fingertips can't feel its way around the job at hand. It's like eating with a blocked nose. There's no sense of recognition.

What there is, hence, is frozen fingers. Skin burnt red in the cold. And a bunch of photographs taken as quickly as possible.

Chris, this one's for you. Thank you for the loan of that gorgeous, heavyweight of a lens. I have a few new muscles to show for it. I doubt I did the lens justice, but what a fantastic time was had.
















10 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics. Where is this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) this is ely, anita - a little cathedral 'city' close to cambridge.

      Delete
  2. I am envious that you had proper winter in your area this season. You captured the scenery and the details beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks grace :) we did have a very pretty winter this year. it's amazing how different the weather can be just a couple of hours' drive in a different direction.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures... What on earth is that person carrying in the 3rd pic down though? Is it a cauldron or a barbecue?

    Today is the big Carnival day in Bavaria. I managed to take the children along to see some of it, and the streets were covered in brightly coloured confetti. I thought about you as my pictures certainly didn't do it justice! Emma :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really, what IS that? i thought it was something awfully English that you'd be able to tell me all about. it was copper, and filled with smoking coals (i think, from whatever i could zoom into)

      carnival day must've been fun! must hop over to check out your pictures, which i'm sure are gorgeous!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous as always Pia! Lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we had no snow this year. not a flake. first time in the last 18 years. I cannot wear gloves while washing dishes either. I have to feel as i wash and not becoz I love washing dishes. If I do not get the feeling, I tend to drop the dishes and also get worried they are not clean enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you got a break from snow after 18 years - enjoy it soma! no shovelling to add to the washing up :)

      Delete

Your comments make this blog worth writing. Thank you.